Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Periods 5 & 6

Hey there, ladies and germs (LOL).

I just wanted to remind you that SYNTHESIS ESSAY #4 is due Wednesday, 4/27 for 5th; and Thursday, 4/28 for 6th. Remember to focus on the prompt and what it's asking you to do. You should already know I do NOT want a summary of the sources; rather, I would like you to use those sources to bolster your own ideas and commentary. Also be reminded that you should not take more than 15 minutes to read the sources and 40 more to write. That is a total of 55 minutes from the moment you read the first word of the packet until the moment you should put your pencil down. Be strict with yourself, as giving yourself more time will only deprive you in the long run. (That was deep stuff, man!)

I also want more of you to sign up for Saturday AP Camp. Ms. Borges and I are working on something special that will be applicable in both your AP Eng Lang and the AP Amer Hist tests.

LOVE YOU! We're almost there!

2 comments:

Mabit said...

Hello CROD, I have a question on the Synthesis Essay we have due tomorrow. I know that we are supposed to use the sources to support our argument. However, I was wondering if at least one of the sources can be criticized in the essay. Well not criticized exactly. Can you contradict one of the sources in the essay?

Mrs. Rodriguez, the teacher who loves you! said...

Mabit - If it is going to prove powerful for your argument, it will work. It may, however, do the opposite. It depends on your wording. Do what you think is best.

Smile,
Me